01. Oktober 2020, 00:00 Uhr - 31. März 2021, 23:59 Uhr
Buddy Programme for the fall term 2020/21
Each term, the International Relations Center at the WiSo Faculty (ZIB WiSo) and the PIM and CEMS Student and Alumni Club Cologne e.V. organise a Buddy Programme for guest students from the WiSo Faculty's partner universities. At the beginning of each term, ZIB WiSo looks for students and doctoral candidates interested in mentoring guest students for that term.
Since the semester start has been postponed to 2 November 2020, we expect our incomings to ‘arrive’ in early/mid-October. Whether our guest students will be spending their exchange with us online or on-site in Cologne, they will need support and assistance – which means they need you!
Benefits of the Buddy Programme:
- Meet students from all over the world
- Participate in the "Welcome Days"
- Participate in a number of exciting, international social events
- Develop your language skills
- Demonstrate social commitment during your studies
- Receive first-hand information about partner universities as optimal preparation for an exchange term
Responsibilities of a buddy:
- Contacting and bonding with your buddy
- Contacting the guest student's landlord prior to their arrival (if needed and possible)
- Collecting the keys to the flat or organising the hand-over of keys (if needed and possible)
- Collecting the guest student from the station/airport (Cologne/Bonn) and accompanying them to their accommodation (if needed and possible)
- Providing support in dealing with public authorities (if needed and possible)
- Where necessary, supporting guest students in other areas at the beginning of their exchange term
- Additional involvement is highly appreciated and welcome
Upon request, ZIB WiSo will happy to issue a letter of acknowledgement covering your support and social commitment.
For registration, please click here.
Feel free to contact ZIB WiSo if you have any questions:
Jens Funk: firstname.lastname@example.org
Philipp Sperber: email@example.com
For the Welcome Week:
Denis Dinner: firstname.lastname@example.org